Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Pink Paislee | Go 3D!

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of http://canoncreativegirl.blogspot.com/.  I do receive financial compensation and material product from Pink Paislee to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.




Hi everyone, I hope you have been enjoying all the creative ways our talented team has created bold titles all week.  I am sharing a layout today that has a repeating 3D title that also doubles as my background.




I have had this cut file for a long time now and was waiting for a chance to use it in a unique way.  I thought that a layout about my Valentine was the perfect fit!  To create my layout I first cut out my background using my Silhouette.  This cut file was designed by Barbara Picinich for Studio Calico.  I was designed to only cut half of each letter, so that you fold over the other half and have a 3d title!  Genius! 




Because I love patterned paper,  I cut additional X’s and O’s out of various pieces and then adhered them to each popped out piece.  I love the way the title came out but I also love the acetate and gold dipped chipboard in the C’est La Vie collection, so I added those too!  To finish I splashed ink and paint across the page, added my photo and a few other embellishments.  I hope that you enjoyed my post today and that you are inspired to create your own layout for Valentine’s Day! 




Collection Used: C’est La Vie





1 comment: