Saturday, January 24, 2015

Bella Rouge Altered Frame

Hi everyone,

I have a fun altered project to share today using the Bella Rouge collection from Pink Paislee.  I love how soft, girly and sweet this collection is!  I decided to make an altered frame display using papers and embellishments from this collection.  I just love how it came out!



I had been wanting a clip on display photo frame for awhile but didn't want to pay for one.  I think it is so much fun to do it yourself.  So, I went to the hardware store and picked up some wire,  and nails.  I found the clips at a local office supply store.  


I strung four wires across the back of the frame.  I didn't measure, I just eyeballed it (which is usually my technique for everything)!

Next, I added about four metal clips to each hanging wire.


 Embellishing it was the fun part!  I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out envelopes, tags, bows, and arrows.  I even found a sweet little viewfinder and diamond that I cut out that I thought would go perfectly with the Bella Rouge collection!


I embellished each hanging clip with pieces from the ephemera pack, puffy glitter stickers, and chipboard sticker pack.  I added some ribbons, loose thread and bling to dress them up!


I love the way this project came out.  You can bet that you will see more altered frame projects in the future using this DIY frame!











4 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous Gina!! Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous Gina! I love the graphic look of the Black with the soft Pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Gina,
    Thank you for inspiration, when I saw your picture I instantly fall in love. <3 I lifted it. Here you can find the photos about my version: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.790631611027320.1073741833.756239227799892&type=1

    ReplyDelete