Monday, September 8, 2014

Scrapbook Circle: Watercolor background

Hi there!  
I had a layout up on the Scrapbook Circle blog yesterday that I would like to share with you using one of my favorite techniques that I love to do: Adding watercolors to a background.  I created this layout using the September Here + There kit.

GinaLideros_YouAreLoved

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out a heart felt background out of white cardstock.  Then I used my watercolors and a water brush to paint on soft colors to my die cut background.  I alternated light yellow and light pink watercolors and kept the background simple to allow the beautiful glittered garden party paper from My Mind's Eye (included in the main kit) to show through.

GinaLideros_YouAreLoved_Sneak2

I also added in some tags and chipboard buttons from the September Time Flies Add On kit.

GinaLideros_YouAreLoved_sneak

Thank you for sharing my inspiration! If you create a project using this month’s kit, please share your layout on the Scrapbook Circle Facebook Page. I’d love to see what you create!



3 comments:

  1. This is stunning Gina! Love the watercolor on the heart cut file and the way it looks over the striped background paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY. The watercoloring is perfect and what a sweet pic!

    ReplyDelete