Wednesday, July 30, 2014

#Summer *American Crafts July Gallery

Hi Everyone,

I have a layout to share with you today that I made for the American Crafts July Gallery.


Sea Swings

I had this fun picture that I took when we recently visited the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.  The ride was called Sea Swings and I loved the bright colors and shape - so I just had to snap a pic!


I started out my page by punching out paper squares and then folding two sides inwards, I love this technique and the texture it adds.  I added some machine stitching, stickers and embellishments to finish it off.

supplies: supplies: Beach Towel Paper (SUMDS-66954) - #Summer, Bicycles Paper (SUMDS-66949) - #Summer,  Smile Paper (SUMDS-66952) - #Summer, Sunglasses Paper (SUMDS-66955) - #Summer, Swimsuits Paper (SUMDS-66956) - #Summer, Heat Wave Paper (SUMDS-66950) -#Summer,  Popsicles  Paper (SUMDS-66951) - #Summer  Road Trip Paper (SUMDS-66948) - #Summer,  Blue Skies Paper (SUMDS-66953) -#Summer, Catch a Wave Paper (SUMDS-66958) - #Summer, Cold Treats Paper (SUMDS-66957) - #Summer, Wood Veneer Shapes #Summer Collection (366964) - Bits, Self Adhesive Cork Shapes  #Summer Collection (366965) - Remarks, Transparent Letter Stickers Yes, Please (42365) - Remarks

My Second layout that I made for the gallery this month uses a basic grid design.  I use a lot of textures, patterns and shapes on my projects and sometimes it's nice just to go back to a basic, simple grid design.


#Summer

I centered my layout around this photo of a lifeguard station that I took on the beach and built my grid design around it.  


I added one of American Crafts fun photo overlays on top of my picture, some machine stitching and some fun embellishments. 


supplies: White (AM710-81)- Cardstock, #Summer 6x6 (366984) - Paper Pads, Wood Veneer Shapes #Summer Collection (366964) - Bits, Self Adhesive Cork Shapes  #Summer Collection (366965) - Remarks, #Summer Flair Adhesive Badges Picnic (366966) - Flair, #Summer Die Cut Acrylic Shapes Ice Cream (366968) - Bits, #Summer Die-Cut Shapes Sunscreen (366971) - Bits, #Summer Photo Overlays Shades (366969) - Bits, #Summer Matchbook Journaling and Phrases (366963) - Remarks, Punch Star 2" (KOP63114) - Knockouts, 





I hope you enjoyed my layouts today, thanks for stopping by!








1 comment:

  1. These are so fun, Gina! Love the pattern you created with the folded squares and the grid pattern is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete