Thursday, April 10, 2014

Incorporating ombre into your projects with the paper bakery

Hi , good morning!
I have a post up on the Paper Bakery Blog today and I would  like to share with you how I incorporate the ombre trend into my projects.  The ombre trend is very popular right now in both the fashion and scrapbooking industry.  Using their March Daylight Savings Scrapbook Kit I am going to show you two ideas to get you started.
To create an ombre effect with embroidery, start by choosing 3 or more gradual colors.  For my project I chose to work with white, gray and black.
I used a stencil to poke the holes for my project.  Then, I started threading them in order using the white thread first, and then the gray, and then the black.




Here is a look at the stitching and full layout:
Happy 2gether layout

I also added some simple stitching to my title.  Because I wanted the stitching to really stand out I kept the rest of my design modest.


I also created a card using the same ombre technique.
Smile card

Because of the large title I decided to keep the card simple and just added two borders and machine stitching.
Thanks for stopping by today!




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects and what a fantastic idea....never thought of doing this. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a great idea. The stitching looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your talents are amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love stitching without the machine! Found your blog via Cropjester! Excited to follow :)

    ReplyDelete