Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A sweet life...

Hi friends,

I wanted to share a project that is up today on The GCD Studios blog using the brand new Splendor collection.

I wanted to create a project this month inspired by fashion. I was inspired by this link by Elle Magazine. In their current fashion trend report for Spring 2012 they noted that one of the trends that is hot right now is birds.
I chose to implement this on my project by adding feathers to my layout.

A Sweet Life layout:

I love the look. The feathers add texture to the layout, but don't take away from the design. Another fun technique that I used on this page, is that I created my own flags by cutting banner shapes out of yummy Splendor papers and then gluing them down to bamboo sticks (that I found in my kitchen pantry), so fun!

Here is a close up:


Have you ever created a project inspired by fashion?
~ Gina

1 comment: